This article is here to show you the basics of the Maths Pathway interface, and will focus on the main parts of your teacher login. For more specific details on how things work, see the specific article about that feature.
Teacher Home page
Every time you log in to your Teacher Portal, you will be brought to your 'Home' page. This is your main page, and where you can access all the different components of the Maths Pathway Learning and Teaching Model. Below is an example image of a teacher dashboard:
Home page cards
The Home page is centred around 'cards' that give you information and links to all the different parts of the model. The full list of card includes:
- Rich Learning
- Professional development
- Targeted intervention
Each card has different content on it depending on what's most useful. Clicking the name or image on the card will take you to the 'main' page for that part.
The top menu is the main way to navigate the Maths Pathway Teacher Portal:
- Home: this is how to get back to your teacher Home page.
- Classes: this is the page where you can view Student Portals. You can also create classes, create students, view/update student details, etc.
- Diagnostics: this is where you can get the codes to give students access to their diagnostic tests, see student progress in the diagnostics, and look at whole class diagnostic data.
- Tests: this is where you will run your fortnightly tests from, including scheduling, printing, marking and giving feedback. This is also where you can access the exam generation tool.
- Rich Learning: this page has Rich Learning Task examples and learning materials for use in class.
- Data: this is the main reporting page for the system, and where you can access all the data of your students in a variety of formats.
There are two more links on the sub menu:
- Help: if you are ever having trouble with the Maths Pathway system, this page gives you some options for finding help. There is also the small green help button in the bottom corner of every page.
- Student Groups: if you need to group your students outside of their normal classes (for reporting, multi-class project, etc), this is where you can do it.
- Energisers: if you want a quick reference to our energisers, they're each on that page.
- Relief teacher instructions: if you need to leave a relief teacher for your class, you can generate a set of instructions for them from this page.
- Test mastery removal tool: if you need to verify students mastered any test properly, say if they were in online only mode at the time, you can run a diagnostic-style test to verify they know the content within the cycle tests they completed from this page.
The dropdown menu can be seen at the top of every page that displays class level data. Whenever you are looking at specific data or settings for a class, you'll have the option to select which year and class you're interested in from this menu.
You can access you teacher menu by clicking your name or avatar in the top-right corner of the Teacher Portal. This menu contains a number of important pages:
- Profile: this is where you can change your name, email address, password, PIN, etc.
- Settings: Your teacher settings are where you can change different options related to how your classes are run.
- Inbox: we send messages to your Teacher Portal for important updates. You can access previous messages by clicking this button.
- Logout: this will log you out of your Teacher Portal.