At the end of the first learning cycle with a new class, they will sit a test and complete a reflection. This lesson is a great way to introduce those elements to the class for the first time, and is best run right at the end of that first cycle (just before the test).
Below is a lesson plan and resources to support it.
This lesson helps students to:
- Learning how to do their first test
- Learning how to do their first reflection
- Understand how success is measured via effort, accuracy and growth - and what they need to do to earn high scores in each
This lesson is designed to be run with students who are new to Maths Pathway. You can download this lesson plan here. This lesson also requires:
- Teacher video (included in this article below)
- Student video (included in this article below)
- This PowerPoint presentation
- Print tests for your class, using the directions in this article
- This test poster printed in A3 colour
- This poster printed in A3 colour
This lesson plan includes links to the two videos below, which give you a great overview of how the lesson runs. The first video is for the teacher to watch to prepare really easily for the lesson.
The second video is played to the whole class as part of the lesson.